My name is Charlotte. I am 29 years old and I have infertility (tubal factor). Me and my partner started trying for a baby over two years ago and I have dreamed of becoming a mother my whole life.
“I already think of myself as a parent. It’s just that my children are in a special place in my heart and not yet in my arms.”
I have decided to start writing a blog about my journey for three reasons…
- There is not a great deal of support and public acceptance out there for people going through infertility. Whilst we are lucky to have some support and government funding for some treatments in this Country. It is still a very misunderstood (and somewhat taboo) disease/subject by the general population, even though 1 in 8 couples experience infertility. So I am hoping to raise awareness and acceptance by educating others and sharing my own story.
- Talking about it helps me feel better. Writing about it is even better than talking about it in person because I can word it properly, without trying not to cry in front of someone and hold it together.
- If you are going through infertility yourself and reading this. You are NOT alone. In this blog I will be very honest and open about my journey and the emotional impact it has on my life. So there is no need for you to feel like the only crazy person out there, even if you are not ready to share your story/feelings with the world.
I only have two rules;
- Please don’t judge me (or anyone for that matter), unless you have walked a day in my shoes.
- Please be kind, this is a blog for support and support will always be given here to those who need it.
And Finally… thank you to those of you who have been a big support in my journey because it really helps me to pick myself up on the bad days and NOT GIVE UP!